We actively support and encourage our communities with a number of grant opportunities. The types of grant available are summarised below, to find out more and apply, follow the links provided.
Forest Heath District
Available to community groups for projects or activities that the whole local community can enjoy. For more details on this and restrictions, read: Forest Heath Locality budget Scheme
- To apply you will need to contact your local councillor, if you don't know who that is, see Forest Heath District Councillors
- For information about which community groups have received locality budget payments in Forest Heath, see our page Open data and transparency, locality budgets
St Edmundsbury Borough
Available to community groups for projects or activities that the whole local community can enjoy. For more details on this and restrictions, read: St Edmundsbury Locality budget scheme
- To apply you will need to contact your local councillor, if you don't know who that is, see St Edmundsbury Borough Councillors
- For information about which community groups have received locality budget payments in St Edmundsbury, see our page Open data and transparency, locality budgets
Community Chest grants
We are now accepting applications for Community Chest funding for 2018/2019
Community Chest funding supports voluntary and community groups who make a contribution to improving the quality of life for people in West Suffolk.
Funded activities must help deliver the Families and Communities Approach and Families and Communities Strategy and eligibility criteria apply. The minimum amount that can be applied for is £1,000. This funding can be for one off projects or revenue funds for services.
You can find out more and apply using the guidance and application forms below. If you would like a form to complete by hand, please call 01284 757077. Follow the links for the council area in which you wish to deliver your project or service. If you do not know who that is visit: Gov.UK - Find my local council
- Forest Heath District Council – Community Chest Guidancfor applicants
- Forest Heath District Council – Community Chest Application Form (Word)
- St Edmundsbury Borough Council - Community Chest Guidance for applicants
- St Edmundsbury Borough Council – Community Chest Application Form (Word)
Community Chest Grant allocation
Rural Initiatives Grants Scheme (RIGS) available in St Edmundsbury Borough only
This is a one-off grant for local community projects. The grant ranges in value from £250 to £7,500.
Past grant allocations
Other funding sources
Home assistance grants
Funding is available from West Suffolk councils to assist families/residents to make safe, repair and improve their homes and we would like your help to engage with our communities.
We can assist in different ways, through Warmer Homes Healthy People or through the Home Assistance grant (HAG) to help home owners carry out repairs and improvements to their homes to ensure that they are warm, weathertight, safe and secure and have reasonably modern kitchen and bathroom facilities.
To find out more, or to see if one of our other grants could help, see our Housing grants page.
For a wide range of grants and other assistance with energy-saving initiatives for businesses and community venues see the Green Suffolk website
Funding 4 Suffolk
Funding 4 Suffolk is a brand new website which lets you browse available funding by organisation type. There are also hints and tips for completing successful funding applications as well as a section specifically for local funds. You can access Funding 4 Suffolk in the Members Area of Community Action Suffolk (CAS)