Councillors allowances

Elected councillors are not paid but are entitled to an annual allowance which recognises their work and time commitment.

The Independent Remuneration Panel (IRP) is responsible for recommending changes to the Members' Allowance Scheme. This details the payments that a councillor may receive for undertaking their duties.

Generally the IRP is recommending the continuation of the current practice. This is where a councillor's basic allowance is linked to any staff pay increases. Subsistence allowances also remain linked to those given to staff for four years up until 30 November 2015. Some changes to the special responsibility allowances are also recommended. View a full copy of the St Edmundsbury Borough: Independent Remuneration Panel report, recommendation for members allowances

View allowances

You can access information about councillor allowances for each Council from the links below:

Forest Heath District Council (FHDC)

St Edmundsbury Borough Council (SEBC)