Selling to the councils
Selling to the councils is usually through a tendering or quotation process. Which one depends on the value of the contract. For contracts worth under £50,000 we usually require a minimum of three quotes. For contracts worth more than £50,000 we would usually enter a full tender process.
A full tender process would entail a complete background history of your company including finances, experience and any references.
We also have to comply with European directives which state that any contracts valued over a certain threshold will need to be advertised in the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU)
Thresholds (excluding VAT) for the different types of contract for local authorities
Effective from 1 January 2016
|Works||Supplies and services||Light regime services||Concessions|
For our conditions of tenders and quotations, read: West Suffolk tender, quotation conditions
Where to find tender opportunities
You can find opportunities from the following websites:
- Contracts finder: opportunities for contracts worth over £25,000 but under the European thresholds
- Supplement to the Official Journal of the European Union: for contracts over the European thresholds
- Suffolk sourcing: all the opportunities for tenders and quotations for Suffolk councils are listed here
Accessing public sector procurement opportunities in Suffolk
We have prepared a guide for anyone interested in working with councils throughout Suffolk, view our Accessing public sector procurement opportunities, Suffolk and beyond presentation.
How we pay suppliers
Payment terms are usually set out in any contracts. We usually pay invoices by BACS within 30 days of receipt. Suppliers will need to send all invoices to the address below, clearly stating either Forest Heath District Council or St Edmundsbury Borough Council, alternatively you can email your invoice to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PO Box 83
Bury St Edmunds
Suppliers need to ensure that:
- invoices contain as much information as possible about what the payment is for
- quote the order number and contract title
- ensure the invoice is the format agreed in your contract or purchase order
Procurement strategies, terms and conditions
View standard terms and conditions:
These are for Forest Heath District Council and St Edmundsbury Borough Council (we may issue a bespoke set of terms and conditions for some contracts but these will be advised upon agreement of goods or services).
Transparency in procurement and contracting
Suffolk Sourcing is an e-tendering and contract management system jointly operated by West Suffolk councils, Suffolk County Council and Suffolk district and borough councils.
Suffolk Sourcing is a secure online procurement system, enabling potential suppliers and the general public to electronically:
- view and download any current tender opportunities advertised by one of the Suffolk councils
- respond to the upload bids/submissions for tenders
- view details of existing contracts currently in operation between us, the county, district and other borough councils.
This facility has been set up to meet the Transparency in Procurement and Contracting commitments made by the Prime Minister on 31 May 2010.
Phone: 01638 719000 (Forest Heath) or 01284 763233 (St Edmundsbury)