Home assistance grant
What is it?
This grant is for owners to:
- assist applicants to maintain their homes to prevent them from falling into serious disrepair;
- carry out repairs and improvements to bring their homes up to the standard of a 'decent home'
- fund the cost of energy efficiency measures for home owners who do not qualify for assistance under any other Government schemes;
- enable the existing occupier to remain in their home in safety through carrying out essential works;
- carry out works and repairs on equipment;
- carry out works which enable the owner to be discharged from hospital to reoccupy their home.
Who can apply?
You must own the property and live in it as your only or main residence.
How much could I get? How much
The maximum grant is £20,000. You could receive up to 100% of the cost of any works up to this limit.
Are there any conditions?
If the total grant exceeds £1000, the grant will be registered as a charge on the property. If the property is sold or transferred, the grant will have to be repaid in full. Where central heating is provided or boilers are repaired or replaced, it is a condition that draught-proofing, loft insulation and cavity wall insulation is installed to the council’s minimum recommended standard.
How do I apply?
Use the Home assistance grant online enquiry form for more information and how to apply.