West Suffolk Physical Activity Framework
We are pleased to introduce our Framework for Promoting Physical Activity, which was first adopted in 2016 and refreshed in 2022. The framework has been approved by our Portfolio Holders. We want to increase the physical activity of those living in West Suffolk, which should in turn improve the health and wellbeing of residents.
Through this framework we set out the commitment to enable and encourage people to lead active lives thereby increasing activity levels across West Suffolk. This will lead to improved health and wellbeing for our communities resulting in less reliance on health care services. The framework also sets out the outcomes we want to see and how, with partners, we can use our role to increase participation in physical activity across West Suffolk.
We aim to identify gaps and opportunities at a local level to ensure that, with our partners, we provide opportunities to take part in physical activity for all levels of ability, including formal and informal activities. This work will be supported by information contained in assessments carried out by Ploszajski Lynch Consulting, who developed a Playing Pitch Assessment and Indoor Sports Facilities Assessment for West Suffolk, and Knight, Kavanagh and Page, who developed an Open Spaces Assessment, together with other data and local knowledge from local councillors and West Suffolk’s Families and Communities team.
There are four appendices linked with the framework, as follows:
- Promoting Physical Activity Framework - Appendix A: Health data for West Suffolk
- Promoting Physical Activity Framework - Appendix B: Sport across Suffolk - participation data
- Promoting Physical Activity Framework - Appendix C: West Suffolk Council's physical activity offer
- Promoting Physical Activity Framework - Appendix D: Checklist of how proposals might meet West Suffolk Council's desired outcomes
This webpage provides useful information about links to sources of funding for sports clubs and organisations and an overview of what we want to achieve through the framework.
- West Suffolk Leisure Investment Fund
- Overview of the framework for promoting physical activity We aim to increase physical activity therefore improving the health and wellbeing of our residents
- West Suffolk sports facilities assessment
- Funding Links to sources of funding for sports clubs and organisations
- Physical activity links