COVID-19 support for communities
Supporting the community response to COVID-19
We recognise that people want to help the vulnerable in their community and we are here to help.
Visit our Volunteering page.
Funding support and guidance
West Suffolk Council already works with many voluntary community sector groups.
We have made additional funding available through our councillor locality budgets and changed some of the rules so that we can get swifter support to some of the community groups emerging to respond to the COVID19 crisis. You can contact your local councillor to discuss: details on how to contact your councillor
You can also contact our Families and Communities Team by emailing email@example.com who can also direct you to other funding sources and guidance.
Community Action Suffolk - COVID-19 Response - Communities has a range of guides, toolkits, and useful information for community groups. It includes advice on handling cash and safeguarding.
The Government’s new Coronavirus Community Support Fund opened for applications on 22 May 2020.
This new funding stream made available £200m in Government funding that will be aimed primarily at small to medium organisations in England.
The fund has two key objectives:
- To increase community support to vulnerable people affected by the COVID-19 crisis, through the work of civil society organisations.
- To reduce temporary closures of essential charities and social enterprises, ensuring services for vulnerable people impacted by COVID-19 have the financial resources to operate, and so reduce the burden on public services.
Grants will allow organisations to meet service costs, where they are experiencing increased demand and/or short-term income disruption. Grants will also allow organisations to refocus services to address more immediate beneficiary needs in light of COVID-19.
- Community funding for under £10,000
- Community funding over £10,000
- For more information visit The National Lottery Community Fund website