Elected councillors are not paid but are entitled to an annual allowance which recognises their work and time commitment.
The Independent Remuneration Panel (IRP) is responsible for recommending changes to the Members' Allowance Scheme. This details the payments that a councillor may receive for undertaking their duties.
- Members Allowance Scheme for Forest Heath District Council
- Members Allowance Scheme for St Edmundsbury Borough Council
Each Council in February 2017 resolved that the above schemes both be extended beyond 31 March 2017, until a date of expiry of 31 May 2019.
You can access information about councillor allowances for each Council from the links below:
Forest Heath District Council (FHDC)
- FHDC members allowances 2016-2017
- FHDC members allowances 2015-2016
- FHDC members allowances 2014-2015
- FHDC members allowances 2013-2014
- FHDC members allowances 2012-2013
- FHDC members allowances 2011-2012
St Edmundsbury Borough Council (SEBC)
- SEBC members allowances 2016-2017
- SEBC members allowances 2015-2016
- SEBC members allowances 2014-2015
- SEBC members allowances 2013-2014
- SEBC members allowances 2012-2013
- SEBC members allowances 2011-2012