Scrap metal

Coronavirus iconWith immediate effect the licensing team will no longer be meeting with customers. All communication will need to be done via telephone or email. All licensing applications that are unable to be completed online must be submitted electronically to For more details visit: COVID-19 Licensing update

You will need a licence to deal in and collect scrap metal. You will need a licence from the licensing authority where your scrap metal business premises is located, this is usually your local council. If you do not have a permanent premises, you will need to register with the licensing authority where you normally live. If you do not know who that is, find out at Gov.UK, find your local council

To get a licence, click the link below: