Apply for a Private Hire Vehicle Licence

If you want to run a private hire vehicle service then you will need a licence. Each driver will also need a Private Hire Driver Licence and the vehicle licensed be associated with a licensed operator.

To apply for a Private Hire Vehicle Licence, please read the following documents and complete the application form below:

More information

Does tacit authorisation apply?
No, this is because it is in the public interest that your application is fully processed before a licence is granted.