Temporary events notice (TEN)

You can apply for a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) if you want to provide a licensable activity for less than seven days. For more details and restrictions, visit: Gov.UK –Temporary Events Notice


The cost of a Temporary Event Notice is £21. If a notice is submitted in writing, please make any cheques payable to West Suffolk Council.

Applying for a TEN

You will need to apply for a licence from your licensing authority. The licensing authority is usually the council where your event will take place. If you do not know who that is, you can find out by going to Gov.UK, find your local council

To apply for a TEN, visit:

If the notice is submitted in writing, please ensure a copy is served to Suffolk Police and the Public Health and Housing department, at the following addresses:

Police Licensing Team Landmark House
4 Egerton Road

Environmental Health (Public Health and Housing) Team
West Suffolk Council
West Suffolk House
Western Way
Bury St Edmunds
IP33 3YU

Does tacit authorisation apply?
Yes, a decision should be reached within seven days.