Street Vending/Street Cafe Permit

This permit is only applicable in the St Edmundsbury area.

If you want to put tables and chairs or other temporary furniture on the pavement, you may need permission. You will need a street vending permit from the local licensing authority if you want to provide tables and chairs in order to:

  • make money (for example providing furniture outside a café)
  • provide a centre for advice or information
  • advertise your business or enterprise

Please see licensing fees and charges in related documents below.

You need to apply to the licensing authority that covers the area you want to street vend from.

The public have 28 days in which to make comments about your request. The licensing authority will consider any concerns raised.

Does tacit authorisation apply?
Yes, you should expect a decision within 56 days from the day the licensing authority receives your request.