Apply for a Private hire vehicle licence

If you want to run a private hire vehicle service then you will need a licence. Each driver will also need a private hire driver licence and the vehicle licensed be associated with a licensed operator.

To apply for an Private Hire Vehicle Licence, please read the following documents and complete the application form below:

To apply for a Private Hire Plate Exemption, please read the Guidance for Private Hire Vehicles and complete the Private hire plate exemption application form

More information

Does tacit authorisation apply?
No, this is because it is in the public interest that your application is fully processed before a licence is granted.