Please note that the Public licensing register was last updated on Tuesday 26 March 2019. From 1 April 2019 the register will contain details of West Suffolk licenses but will still be displayed as two separate authorities. This is due to unforeseen circumstances with our system and will be corrected as soon as possible. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
You will need a licence in order to run a variety of businesses or organise some fund raising events. It is always best to check if you need a licence. Failure to hold a proper licence for activities that require one is a criminal offence. Find out what licence you need by visiting, Gov.UK – licence finder
You can get licences from the local licensing authority, this is usually the local council.
You can access information about the majority of licensed businesses in the area by using our public licensing register:
- West Suffolk public licensing register
- View current licence applications
- List of wheelchair accessible vehicles
If you would like to report a concern or issue with a licensed business such as a taxi firm, contact our licensing team at email@example.com
- Taxi licences
- Alcohol and entertainment licences
- Street trading and vending
- Animal business licences
- Park homes and caravan site licences
- Street party licence Find out more about street parties and how to organise one