Sex establishment licence

You will need a sex establishment licence if you run a shop that sells sex toys, books or DVDs or if you run a venue showing sexually explicit films or if you run a sexual entertainment venue. You will need to advertise your licence application in a local newspaper and at the premises you propose to operate from. You will also need to send your application to the local police. There will be a 28 day consultation period before a decision to grant a licence is reached. During this time, comments from the public can be made.


How long is my licence valid for?

A licence is valid for 12 months.