Changing Places toilet - The Guineas Shopping Centre
Changing Places toilet at The Guineas Shopping Centre, Newmarket, CB8 8EQ
Changing Places toilets are different to standard disabled toilets as they have extra features and more space to meet the needs of people who use them. They are not for people who can use a toilet independent of a carer.
How it can help
The toilets provide enough space and the right equipment, including a hoist and height adjustable changing bench.
Our Changing Places toilet provides:
- a height adjustable adult-sized changing bench
- the Astor Bannerman A2B hoist system which comes with a loop system hanging bar
- space in the changing area for the disabled person and up to two carers
- centrally placed toilet with room either side
- a screen or curtain to allow some privacy
- wide tear off paper roll to cover the bench
- large waste bin for disposable pads
- non-slip floor.
How to get a key
To apply for an entrance key please download and fill in the entrance key application form. You must include a copy of the Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment (higher rate mobility component) as part of your application: West Suffolk Council Changing Places toilet - guidance for use and application for key
Keys must not be transferred between users. Please note that changing places facilities cannot be opened using Radar keys.
Guidance for using our changing places toilet
- Carers or users wishing to use the changing places facility should be ideally trained in using hoists and changing benches.
- As a carer or user, you will need to satisfy yourself that your slings are compatible with the hoist. West Suffolk Council does not supply slings for health and safety reasons. If you are in any doubt, please do not use the hoist.
- Before using the toilet, please use the protective paper provided and remove the paper after use.
- All soiled or disposable material should be placed in the sanitary waste bin provided.
- Please take all soiled clothing away. Please do not use the basin or shower for washing clothing.
- As a carer or user it is your responsibility to always ensure safety, especially when using the hoist. Under no circumstances should the weight limit of the equipment be exceeded. Hoist maximum weight 31.5 stone (200kg) and the changing bench maximum weight is 30 stone (200kg).
Please phone 01284 757088 or email email@example.com if the equipment is damaged or faulty.
Please consider others when using the facility and leave the room clean and tidy.