Background to the West Suffolk Operational Hub consultation Jan-Feb 2016
The partner councils carried out a consultation across West Suffolk from 8 January to 19 February 2016. They consulted on:
- work carried out to date on the WSOH project
- assessment which says a hub on a single site is the best way of delivering the facilities required
- process for assessing a suitable site.
These documents provided background information to the consultation:
- assessments showing that relocating various waste facilities to a single site is the best strategy for West Suffolk
- methods used to work out where a WSOH should go
- Sustainability Appraisal which looks at environmental, social and economic effects.
We also welcomed suggestions for alternatives sites for a WSOH.
The consultation ran from 8 January to 19 February 2016.
These documents provide background information:
- Identification and Assessment of Potential Options and Sites (IAPOS Report)
- Sustainability Appraisal
- Consultation Summary Booklet (summarises the two documents above)
- Detailed map of all sites considered
- Exhibition boards
- Notes from public meeting on 29 January 2016
- Presentation given at the public meeting
Public Consultation Plan
A Public Consultation Plan (PCP) set out how the consultation would be carried out and next steps after it closed.