Bury St Edmunds vehicle depot MOT and Text tests

The Olding Road, Bury St Edmunds vehicle depot will be closed for MOT and taxi tests from Monday 18 to Friday 22 November 2019. This is when the workshops, equipment and tools and so on are being moved across to the West Suffolk Operational Hub.


The taxi tests which were already booked in for that week will be honoured, but no further bookings can be made for this week.


The depot will be operational again from Monday 25 November 2019 at the new site Bury Road, Fornham St Martin, Bury St Edmunds, IP31 1FE.


You will need a licence in order to run a variety of businesses or organise some fund raising events. It is always best to check if you need a licence. Failure to hold a proper licence for activities that require one is a criminal offence. Find out what licence you need by visiting, Gov.UK – licence finder

You can get licences from the local licensing authority, this is usually the local council.

You can access information about the majority of licensed businesses in the area by using our public licensing registers:

If you would like to report a concern or issue with a licensed business such as a taxi firm, contact our licensing team at