You will need a licence in order to run a variety of businesses or organise some fund raising events. It is always best to check if you need a licence. Failure to hold a proper licence for activities that require one is a criminal offence. Find out what licence you need by visiting, Gov.UK – licence finder
If you have any queries relating to any of the licences we issue please read our frequently asked questions.
You can get licences from the local licensing authority, this is usually the local council.
You can access information about the majority of licensed businesses in the area by using our public licensing register. To access the licensing registers, click on the link for the relevant council shown below:
- West Suffolk public licensing register
- View current licence applications
- List of wheelchair accessible vehicles
If you would like to report a concern or issue with a licensed business such as a taxi firm, contact our licensing team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taxi licences
- Alcohol and entertainment licences
- Street trading
- Animal business licences
- Park homes and caravan site licences
- Street party licence Find out more about street parties and how to organise one