Platinum Jubilee - funding opportunities
Find out about funding opportunities for the Platinum Jubilee Celebrations over the extended four-day bank holiday weekend from Thursday 2 to Sunday 5 June 2022.
- The Big Jubilee Lunch Sunday 2 - 5 June,
- Community Beacon lighting on the 2 June
- Planting trees as part of The Queen’s Green Canopy From October 2022 as part of the ‘Plant a Tree for the Jubilee’
- Sport England’s Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Activity Fund, which will open at the beginning of 2022, will focus on the role of sport and physical activity in tackling inequalities and building stronger communities. re details of this fund will follow in coming months.
- Throughout the year community organisations will also be able to apply for grants from the Arts Council National Lottery Project Grants programme.
- The National Lottery Heritage Fund will support communities to take action to help natural green spaces flourish as a legacy of the Platinum Jubilee.
- The National Lottery Community Fund’s Platinum Jubilee Fund will provide grants of up to £50,000 to 70 impactful community projects across the UK now closed. In addition, grants of up to £10,000 from the National Lottery Awards For All England programme will be available for community-led events throughout 2022.
Suffolk Community Foundation ‘Let’s Create Jubilee Fund’
- Grants of between £750 and £10,000 are available to voluntary and community groups to develop creative and cultural activities as part of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations in June 2022. Applicants to develop creative and cultural activities through music.
- Theatre, dance, visual arts, literature, combined arts – including festivals, carnivals, museum, library activities, film and digital.
- Projects must be delivered in June 2022, preferably taking place over the four day Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend from 2-5 June. All grants must be fully spent by the end of June. Closing date for applications 28 February 2022.
The Suffolk Canopy Fund
A tree planting and preservation campaign that will leave a lasting legacy to mark the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee in 2022. To support tree planting, ongoing maintenance and community access to associated green spaces across the county.
West Suffolk Council Locality Budget funding
Funding available for planning local community celebrations from this financial year March 2022. Please note: financial assistance available from April 2022, funds can be used for activity and operational or delivery. Please contact your Families and Communities Officer for further details.
For information about local and national funding for the Platinum Jubilee celebrations please contact firstname.lastname@example.org