COVID-19 support for business
Visit our COVID-19 support for business pages for information about the support that is available.
Any business in the West Suffolk area concerned about their specific circumstances or confused about where they can go for support can contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01284 757114.
Applications are open in West Suffolk for temporary pavement licences to help cafés, restaurants and pubs trade during COVID-19 and keep people safe.
The move by West Suffolk Council follows new legislation just agreed by Government to ease previous restrictions on putting items such as tables and chairs outside premises for the sale of food or drink for consumption.
A fast track process has been introduced so premises can apply, relevant consultees can have their say and a decision made in a much shorter time. Government allows councils to charge up to £100 to apply but West Suffolk Council has agreed during this time to make the process free.
More information can be found at Street trading and vending
- Grant funding for small businesses and retail, hospitality and leisure businesses
- Accessing financial support for businesses affected by COVID-19
- COVID-19 - Advice for re-opening businesses
- COVID-19 Advice for food businesses
- Safer places - business information pack
- Advice for businesses to help disabled people through COVID-19