COVID-19 Changes to services
West Suffolk Council is prioritising essential services:
Bins and waste
Garden Waste Collection Service
- Garden waste service: The suspended service will resume from 1 June.
- Emails and letters have been sent to customers telling them their new brown bin collection day, see News for Garden Waste Collection customers
- You can check your new brown bin collection day using out Postcode look up
- Subscriptions reopen on 26 May. For more informaiton visit our Garden Waste Collection page.
- Suffolk recycling centres are now open. For the time being this is only for essential waste or recycling that cannot be stored safely at home or disposed of through other legitimate routes. You must book a time slot online to deposit waste at your local recycling centre. Please do not go to a recycling centre without a booking.
- Community recycling points - some textile banks are closed but glass and newspaper bank remain open. See Recycling and recycling centres.
- Building Control service change - changes to inspections (added 7 May)
- Markets - Brandon, Bury St Edmunds, Haverhill, Mildenhall, and Newmarket markets are to re-open with food stalls only from Tuesday 26 May. (updated 20 May)
Read more: West Suffolk markets returning from Tuesday 26 May.
- Clare market remains closed.
- Several market traders are offering delivery services.
- Parks and open spaces are being kept open so that people can exercise and spend time outside. You must continue to follow social distancing guidelines (updated 13 May). Groups from the same household must keep to metres apart from others, and you can meet one person from a different household provided you keep two metres apart. All playgrounds and skateparks remain closed. Fishing ponds, tennis and basketball courts are open to be used with the same social distancing rules.
- Public access to West Suffolk Council buildings is closed but services are still being delivered.
- The Apex is closed. See Apex updates for details of cancelled and postponned events.
- West Suffolk leisure centres are closed until further notice.
- Moyse's Hall Museum and West Stow Anglo-Saxon Village are closed until further notice. West Stow Country Park remains open.
Read our recent press releases in Latest news