Tree and grounds maintenance
We work to ensure that council owned grass areas, flower and shrub beds, hedges, playgrounds and outdoor sports facilities are all maintained appropriately. Standards of cleanliness and health and safety are achieved by regular inspection.
To report a problem or issue with our grounds maintenance you can complete our online grounds maintenance enquiry form or contact Customer Services 01284 763233.
We are responsible for the management of trees on land and property that we own. This includes many individual trees in public open spaces as well as wooded areas. We undertake regular inspections of the tree stock and carry out both proactive and reactive maintenance works as necessary. Please refer to our frequently asked questions before contacting us about trees on public land. Visit our Trees page to find out about council owned trees.
Read our comprehensive West Suffolk tree management policy for detailed information on how we manage our trees.
West Suffolk tree management policy appendices
- Appendix 1 Priority levels and response timescales
- Appendix 2 Inspection methodology
- Appendix 3 Cyclical inspection areas
- Appendix 4 Current tree stock - historic SEBC areas
- Appendix 5 Current tree stock - historic FHDC areas
- Appendix 6 Strategic links
- Appendix 7 Legislation
- Appendix 8 Tree planting and aftercare
- Appendix 9 Right tree right place
- Appendix 10 Major incident plan
- Appendix 11 The London Tree Officers Association - The Risk Limitation Strategy for Tree Root Claims
- Appendix 12 Benefits of trees
- Appendix 13 Threats to trees
Tree preservation orders (TPOs)
Visit our Trees page find out about trees in conservation areas, tree preservation orders (TPOs), trees on highways and council owned trees.
For information on hedgerow protection, removal and high hedges visit Hedgerow removal and landscapes
For information on how to settle your hedge differences without involving your local authority visit the Over the garden hedge guide