We work hard to make sure that our grassed areas are maintained to appropriate standards throughout the district. These include our parks and green spaces, playing fields and recreation grounds, cemeteries, playgrounds and grass verges maintained on behalf of Suffolk County Council. We also maintain seasonal floral displays including hanging baskets and bedding schemes in Bury St Edmunds, Newmarket and Haverhill and trees, hedges, shrub and flower beds district wide.
Grass cutting is affected by various factors such as weather and capacity, but if areas are not cut when planned the teams will be back as soon as possible to complete the work.
Some grass areas are managed in different ways and may be left longer before cutting to support the local environment and encourage plants, animals and insects. This may mean some areas are not cut as much, and is part of the council’s wider work to tackle climate change.
Here is a list of areas where West Suffolk grass cutting team has been week starting 19 July, and will be the following week (starting 26 July):
Previous grass cutting notices:
- West Suffolk grass cutting programme for weeks starting 12 and 19 July 2021
- West Suffolk grass cutting programme for weeks starting 5 and 12 July 2021
- West Suffolk grass cutting programme for weeks starting 28 June and 5 July 2021
- West Suffolk grass cutting programme for weeks starting 21 and 28 June 2021
West Suffolk Council is not responsible for the cutting or maintenance of all public land and some is the responsibility of organisations such as Suffolk County Council or housing associations. Others may be the responsibility of organisations such as parish or town councils. Here are contacts and information for those organisations.
- Suffolk County Council land
- Suffolk County Council - Weed control including: weed treatment programme, target dates, frequently asked questions (FAQs), report a problem
- Housing Association land including grounds maintenance, grass cutting.
Please contact the relevant housing association directly – some useful links below:
- Parish and town councils (click on the council name to see the Parish Clerk details)
Grass cutting rounds are also designed to take into account factors where specialist equipment is needed or shared on other jobs in that area.
To report a problem or issue with our grounds maintenance you can complete our online grounds maintenance enquiry form or contact Customer Services 01284 757320.