Already registered for Home-Link


How do I use Home-link?

Visit: Home-Link - How to use the service

I’ve forgotten my Home-Link login reference

Your login reference will appear on any correspondence that we have sent to you. If you still cannot find this you will need to contact us by email at  or phone 01284 757178, 01638 719345

Forgotten password or memorable data

Visit Home-Link - Forgotten password to reset your details.

What are the banding categories for Home-Link?

Visit Home-Link - Prioritising applications

Why is it taking me so long to be housed?

Home-Link is only able to offer properties which have become available due to someone vacating their property, or from a new development. You can increase your chances of finding alternative accommodation a lot quicker by exploring all options available. If you already have a tenancy with a council or housing association, it is often much quicker to re-house by finding another tenant with a suitable property to swap with. Alternatively, it may be much quicker to find a private rented property. Please refer to your ‘Options Assessment’ on your Home-ink account to find out which is the best option for you.

My circumstances have changed, how do I update my application?

It is very important that you tell us as soon as possible about any changes in your circumstances because it could change your priority on the housing register, or the type and size of property you can bid for. You can amend your details by logging onto Home-Link and updating your application form. We will tell you if this results in your application moving to a different band.

When will I find out if I’m successful?

Once bidding has closed, each landlord will carry out a process to verify those in the highest need who are most appropriately matched to the property type in accordance with the advert. This can take time but if you are successful, the respective landlord will make contact with you as soon as they are able to.

Why does my child not show on my application?

Please check that you have added your children onto the application form and if they are going to be re-housed with you, make sure that the ‘not being re-housed’ box is blank. If you have done this and they still don’t show on your application, you may need to report a fault, see contact us options.

Why am I ‘unable to bid’?

This status is usually set for applicants who have rent arrears. You should check with your landlord to see if you are behind with your payments. They will be able to provide you with a rent statement and help you to make an affordable repayment plan. Once your account is clear, you will be able to bid again.

For an easy way to work out your finances visit: Shelter - Budget planner

There are also organisations who can help you to assess your money and bills such as:

I can see a property on the Home-Link website, why can’t I bid on it?

Some properties have specific restrictions such as age, specific local connections, application type (transfer) or household size. You should read the advert carefully to see if there are any restrictions which you might not be eligible for. For example, if a property is marked as ‘Transfer’, this means that you should already have a tenancy with a council or housing association. If a property if marked as ‘Sheltered’ it is likely to have an age restriction of over 55 or more. Any restrictions are always listed in the advert.

What is there to bid on this week?

Go to Home-Link to see all available properties. You will need to log in to bid and to see which properties are eligible for your current circumstances.

Where have I come on the bidding this week?

You can log in to your account at Home-Link to see your position for a property. Please be aware that this position may change during the shortlisting process after bidding has ended. There are further verification checks made by the landlord before viewings can be offered, to avoid delay on this process, please ensure that all your details are correct and that you have provided all the relevant and up to date proof of your circumstances as any inaccuracies could result in you being bypassed for a property

What if someone in my household has a medical condition?

If someone has a medical condition

I am a resident of West Suffolk and have a relative living elsewhere that would like to move closer to me, can they join Home-Link?

Who can apply for properties through Home-Link

I have seen that there is a new development in a village due to be built – how do I apply for one of the properties?

You will need to register on Home-Link as soon as possible.

It is important to register any village specific connections to ensure consideration for potential new housing developments in rural villages. If you do not provide evidence of your village connection, you could be bypassed for a property which has specific local connection rules for lettings. Please provide proof of your connection to the village with your application.

What if I don’t like the property when I have seen it?

Unless you have been accepted as homeless, you will not normally be penalised for refusing a property that you have been offered and will still be able to express interest in properties that become available. If you are a homeless applicant, you need to talk to the officer dealing with your case before refusing a property as it may mean the duty towards you ends and you may be asked to leave any temporary accommodation that has been provided. It is important to be very clear with the landlord about why you can’t accept a property in order for any future offers to be clearly considered.

I need a four bedroomed property but there aren't any - can I bid on a three bed?

Yes you can if there are two reception rooms and three bedrooms - these should automatically appear on the property list for families with a four bedroom need.

I have been offered a one bedroom property but I am less than 24 weeks pregnant – do I have to accept it?

If you have been offered a one bedroom property, you may wish to view the property to help you to decide whether it would suit your ongoing needs or whether it may be more beneficial to wait to consider a different property. Once you are over 24 weeks pregnant, your bedroom entitlement will increase to two bedroom if you have provided your certificate (MATB1) from your midwife. Please log-in to your account to check this has been updated.

I don't agree with my bedroom entitlement/banding on Home-Link

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your Home-Link assessment, you can ask for this to be reviewed. You must send a written request to Housing Options at and give reasons with evidence of what you believe your band/bedroom entitlement should be. Please be aware that a review can only be carried out with clearer/more detailed information about the current circumstances. Any new circumstances that we are informed of will automatically instigate a review of your band/bedroom entitlement to ensure your assessment is correct.

I want to make a complaint

Please send details of your complaint to