Guidance on fire safety risk assessments
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 places a duty on some providers of accommodation to carry out a fire safety risk assessment. If you are required to complete a Fire Safety Risk Assessment, the resources below should help you complete the process.
Government Guidance on Completing Fire Safety Risk Assessments in Sleeping Accommodation
You should look to follow the Five Steps of Assessing Risk:
• Step 1 - Identify people at risk. Have you identified who is at risk?
• Step 2 - Identify fire hazards. Have you identified all potential fuel sources?
• Step 3 - Evaluate the risk. Are your fire safety measures are adequate?
• Step 4 - Record your findings
• Step 5 - Review and revise