Guidance on fire safety risk assessments
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 places a duty on some providers of accommodation to carry out a fire safety risk assessment. If you are required to complete a Fire Safety Risk Assessment, the resources below should help you complete the process.
You should look to follow the Five Steps of Assessing Risk:
• Step 1 - Identify people at risk. Have you identified who is at risk?
• Step 2 - Identify fire hazards. Have you identified all potential fuel sources?
• Step 3 - Evaluate the risk. Are your fire safety measures are adequate?
• Step 4 - Record your findings
• Step 5 - Review and revise