West Suffolk sports facilities assessment
The assessment was commissioned in order to help the council to:
- help inform which particular sports or facilities would best complement the significant growth planned in nearly all the major centres of population in West Suffolk in order to deliver sustainable communities. It will also help shape future investment by the council to refurbish or replace existing facilities.
- ensure that the current and future demand for sports and recreation facilities are planned for holistically and that the needs of the current and growing population of West Suffolk can be fully met.
For further details of the current assessments view our Supplementary planning documents page.
- West Suffolk Sports Facilities Assessment - March 2022 document
- West Suffolk Playing Pitch and Outdoor Sports Facilities Assessment - February 2022
- West Suffolk Public Open Space Assessment - December 2021 document
View the previous studies related to sport, open space and recreation needs: