West Suffolk sports facilities assessment
The framework for promoting physical activity builds on an assessment of West Suffolk’s playing pitch and sports provision that was carried out in 2015 by consultants, 4Global. The study is a factual third-party assessment of current provision and perceived need for the area as a whole. It will help to provide strategic direction for future implementation of leisure facilities in partnership with clubs and other organisations.
The assessment was commissioned in order to help the council to:
- help inform which particular sports or facilities would best complement the significant growth planned in nearly all the major centres of population in West Suffolk in order to deliver sustainable communities. It will also help shape future investment by the council to refurbish or replace existing facilities.
- ensure that the current and future demand for sports and recreation facilities are planned for holistically and that the needs of the current and growing population of West Suffolk can be fully met.
The executive summary was noted by the West Suffolk Joint Growth Steering Group on 8 February 2016. View the historic reports at: Executive summary - West Suffolk Sports Facilities Assessment
View the historic assessment documents:
- West Suffolk Sports Strategy Executive Summary
- West Suffolk Indoor Sports Facilities Strategy
- West Suffolk Playing Pitch Strategy
- West Suffolk Playing Pitch Strategy - Recommendations and Action Plan