Haverhill Leisure Centre Investment Project
Haverhill was the first town in West Suffolk to benefit from new sporting facilities funded through our Leisure Investment Fund. The work was carried out in phases between May and September, and September and December 2018.
The plans aim is to increase sporting capacity and activities in Haverhill for current and future users of leisure facilities. The £1.5m investment by us reduces the management fee that the council pays its sports and leisure provider, Abbeycroft Leisure, towards the running costs of the leisure centre, eventually to zero.
The increased capacity are delivered through a community use agreement with Samuel Ward Academy which upgraded the surface of half their eight-court sports hall, making it available for additional activities for the community as a whole. Extra activities are delivered by re-purposing existing space at the leisure centre. This introduces Parkour, Xheight climbing and a wellness suite; upgrading the soft play equipment, gym and café but did not affect the swimming pool.
Any queries about the project, please contact Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Haverhill on a roll as leisure investment completed - Press release 11 February 2019
- Plans progress for Haverhill Leisure Centre - Press release 18 May 2018
- Frequently asked questions April 2018
- £1.5m investment agreed for Haverhill’s leisure facilities -Press release 28 March 2018
- £1.5m investment to increase sports and leisure opportunities in Haverhill- Press release 20 March 2018.