Venues and open spaces for hire
We've a host of unique venues in stunning locations, with competitive prices and helpful staff, why not contact us to find out more.
Venues for hire
The Apex is an award winning music, entertainment, exhibition and conferencing centre in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. The historic Grade I Listed Athenaeum offers the grandeur of times gone by and is the perfect setting for weddings and dinners. For more information about hiring these venues for your special event, see The Apex, venue hire or the Athenaeum
To discuss hire for your event at Moyse's Hall Museum or West Stow Anglo-Saxon Village visit What's On West Suffolk, venues for hire. You can also hire the East Town Park countryside centre, to find out more visit East Town Park
For more great venues to hire visit:
Open spaces for hire
You can hire the parks shown below for outdoor events:
- Abbey Gardens
- East Town Park
- George Lambton playing fields
- Hardwick heath
- Haverhill recreation ground
- Nowton park
Both councils have other open spaces available for hire, please contact the Parks department for more information.
Please note that the west Suffolk councils do not permit circus’s with performing animal acts to operate on their land.
Making a booking
Contact our Parks department initially to see if the park is free on the date of your event. Ensure that you contact the department at least four weeks before your event, you will then be asked to complete:
- event application form (PDF)
- event application form (Word)
- risk assessment for the activity
- notification of an event for over 5,000 people (if applicable)
- read our terms and conditions
We have also prepared these guides for your reference:
- a guide to organising safe events
- an example risk assessment form
- an example of a safety plan
- event safety instructions
Cost of hire
For details of our current charging structures and prices please contact the Parks department on 01284 757088.
Cost of opening public toilets outside normal opening hours:
- Monday - Friday £11.04 per hour plus 20% VAT
- Saturday £12.29 per hour plus 20% VAT
- Sunday £14.75 per hour plus 20% VAT
- Public toilets opening times
Contact Screen Suffolk to discuss charges for hiring facilities used for commercial filming.