Planning appeal into Cornhill Walk, Bury St Edmunds
27 Jan 2021
The Planning Inspectorate is to hold a virtual hearing of an appeal by Knightspur Homes relating to the application to West Suffolk Council for demolition and redevelopment of the Cornhill Walk Shopping Centre. The appeal will be heard at 10am on Monday 8 February.
The refused application is to provide mixed use development, comprising 1,666sq.m commercial space at the ground floor, and construction of 49 residential units to three upper floors, comprising 10 x one-bed, 21 x two-bed and 18 x three-bed flats, including parking, bin storage, access and other associated works. Documents relating to the appeal can be viewed on the council website (DC/18/0382/FUL / AP/20/0017/STAND).
The hearing will be held as a virtual event run by an Inspector in the normal way, but with the parties invited to join via Microsoft Teams or telephone.
To attend the hearing you should check out the Hearing Attendance Information set out below, and make your interest known to James Pocock, the Planning Inspectorate Case Officer, as soon as possible prior to the Hearing. Email email@example.com using reference 3243763 Cornhill Walk. Please confirm whether you want to take an active part in the proceedings or attend only as an observer.
Hearing attendance information
Before deciding whether to take an active part in the Hearing, you need to think carefully about the points you wish to make. All written submissions from application and appeal stage will be taken into account by the Inspector. Re-stating the same points won’t add any additional weight to them.
If you feel that taking part in the hearing is right for you in whatever capacity, you can participate in a number of ways:
- To take part using video, participants will need to have access to Microsoft Teams (via an app or web browser). This link gives further information: https://support.office.com/en-gb/teams. Alternatively you can take part by telephone. Calls would be to an 020 number which will incur charges: https://www.gov.uk/call-charges
- If you just wish to observe the event, you should make that clear in your response to the Case Officer.
- If you wish to take an active part in the proceedings, please make clear in your response whether you wish only to appear at the Hearing and make a statement or whether you would also wish to ask questions on particular topics.
- If you want to take an active part but feel unable to for any reason, and/or the points you want to make are not covered in the evidence of others, consider whether someone else could raise them on your behalf.
- Registered participants, in whatever capacity, will receive individual joining instructions, providing details of any requirements, guidance and support, whether joining by Microsoft Teams or telephone. You should note that the event may be recorded by the Planning Inspectorate for training and quality assurance purposes.
Planning Inspectorate Reference: APP/F3545/W/19/3243763