Street parking, permits and visitor vouchers
Residents living in the parking zones listed below can buy parking permits and visitor vouchers online. Some zones allow two permits per household where space allows. Senior citizens who do not have a car can apply for a free permit for their visitors. Disabled badge holders are eligible to a free permit.
All permit and voucher costs are within the terms and conditions of permit use in the links below. You can check your zone by using the Find my Nearest tool.
COVID-19 Ministry of Housing, communities and local government (MHCLG) Permits
MHCLG permits are issued by the local NHS trust to qualifying staff of local NHS centres and practices, health and social care workers or if you are an NHS volunteer responder. MHCLG permit holders must comply with the terms and conditions at all times.
Please note: MHCLG permits are not issued by West Suffolk Council
Temporary permits for contractors
- Tradesmen and contractors can apply for a temporary parking permit online.
- A maximum of three Temporary Contractor Permits is allowed per road.
- If you do not receive a response within the allotted period, then your application has been declined.
- Please note that we cannot respond to each application individually due to the volume of applications that we receive.
Residential and business waiver permit
These are for specific areas, please read the terms and conditions before making an application. Any application that is submitted without relevant evidence will be declined.
Permits and visitor vouchers for Bury St Edmunds
When ordering a permit please allow 10 working days for processing and delivery time.
- Zone A, Brackland area
- Zone B, Northgate Street
- Zone C, Nelson Road
- Zone D, South Town Centre
- Zone E, Castle Road
- Zone F, Southgate Corridor
- Zone G, The Broadway
- Zone H, Victoria Street Area
- Zone J, Eastgate Street Area
- Zone K, Thingoe Hill
- Zone L, Grove Road
- Zone M, Out Westgate