Our region has the lowest rainfall in the country and therefore, we need to protect it. This page provides some simple tips that will help you save water. Find more information at Anglian Water
Why should we save water?
- The environment – saving water means that more of it is kept in rivers which wildlife rely on for their survival.
- Climate change – as global temperatures rise there is increased risks of drought and less predictable rainfall meaning we need to conserve more of it.
- Save money – taking measures to save water means that your water bill could also see savings.
- Securing water supplies – by saving water we can reduce pressures on current water infrastructure.
Water saving tips
- Turn the tap off while brushing your teeth
- Install a shower timer to prompt you to cut time in the shower
- Install a cistern displacement device in your loo to save water when you flush
- Wash one full load in your washing machine rather than two half loads.
- Use the dishwasher when it is completely full on an eco-setting
- Wash fruit and veg in a bowl of water rather than running the tap
- Collect rainwater in a water butt to use in the garden or to wash the car
- Use a watering can instead of a hose pipe or install a trigger gun on your hose pipe to use less water.
For more water saving tips visit: Waterwise - Save water