Help for landlords
The West Suffolk Lettings Partnership aims to bring together landlords and agents with tenants who need accommodation, including those waiting for social housing. We can help private landlords maximize the earning potential of their homes by providing a range of services such as:
- offering you a choice of who your property is let to. Fact Sheet 14 - Tenant finding service
- providing a deposit bond for the length of the tenancy. Fact Sheet 5 - Deposit bonds
- assisting with Local Housing Allowance enquiries and the setting up of direct payment to you
- setting up tenancy agreements
- providing a full photographic inventory prior to your property being let
- advice with any tenancy queries you may have.
Guaranteed Rent Scheme
If you are looking for tenants to occupy your property and want a guaranteed rent then please contact our Private Lettings Coordinator on 01284 757637 for further details. Alternatively please see our Fact Sheet 15 - Guaranteed rent scheme
West Suffolk Lettings Partnership offers tenants a deposit bond. The aim of the deposit bond is to help people access the private rented sector across West Suffolk. Fact Sheet 5 - Deposit bonds
Fact Sheet 2 - Letting agents lists the local agents and states if they will consider the WSLP Deposit bond. Those that consider the deposit bond may also consider people on Housing Benefit.
To be eligible for this service you must be:
- homeless or threatened with homelessness or have a housing need
- in receipt of housing benefit or eligible for housing benefit or on a low income
- local to the West Suffolk area with an established local connection
- able to afford the monthly rental payments. An Income and Expenditure Sheet (Fact Sheet 7) will need to be completed together with proof of income and bank statements if you rent a property above the Local Housing Allowance (LHA) rates - see Fact Sheet 3
West Suffolk Lettings Partnership may also be able to help with the firsts months Rent in Advance - Fact Sheet 4. This is via Anglia Revenue Partnerships, who administer the LHA on behalf of the council. you will need to be eligible to claim housing benefit and through WSLP, may be able to make a claim for discretionary housing payment to cover this.
For any further advice or assistance please contact the WSLP Coordinator on 01284 757637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org