There are a number of foodbanks throughout West Suffolk, for further details on how to access the foodbanks please visit their website:
- Suffolk Baby Bank
- InfoLink - St Peters Church Brandon
- Haverhill Foodbank
- Lakenheath Community Food Bank within the Abundant Life Church
- Lightwave Red Lodge: Lightwave - Helping Hands Café
- Newmarket Open Door - Foodbank and community pop-up shop
- West Suffolk Vineyard Church - Storehouse, Bury St Edmunds
- Bury St Edmunds Gatehouse - Foodbank
- The Harvest Centre Brandon - Harvest food parcels
- King's Church Mildenhall :- Emergency Food Bank
- Bury St Edmunds Still Good Food - Best Before Project
- NHS - Healthy Start provides vouchers for pregnant women and families with a child under four years old on a low income to buy basic food items. Phone: 0345 607 6823l
- Advice on how to cut down on your food waste from Food Savvy.
- Love Food Hate Waste is another website giving advice on how to cut down on your food waste.
- Olio - Find anything from local businesses which is nearing its sell-by date, spare home-grown vegetables, breads from your local baker or even groceries from your neighbours.
- Too Good To Go app - Make sure good food gets eaten, not wasted. Every day, delicious, fresh food goes to waste at cafes, restaurants, hotels, shops and manufacturers - just because it hasn’t sold in time. The Too Good To Go app lets customers buy and collect Magic Bags of this food - at a great price - directly from businesses.
- Kitche is a free smart kitchen app that is designed to help you do just that with helpful reminders and recipe ideas based on what you’ve already got, so you’ll never be stuck for meal ideas