Coronavirus (COVID-19) - West Suffolk general provisions markets
West Suffolk’s six markets will remain open during November’s national COVID-19 restrictions selling essential goods as set out by Government. Clarification on what are essential goods is still being updated nationally but will include items such as food and this is likely to be added to.
The markets are all open under coronavirus safety measures including social distancing. Please use the hand sanitisers available and observe the required spacing.
West Suffolk has a rich tradition in markets, a legacy from medieval times. Listed below are local markets that take place every week.
- Brandon: every Thursday and Saturday 9am to 12.30pm
- Bury St Edmunds: every Wednesday and Saturday 8.30am to 4pm
- Clare: 3rd Saturday of the month 8.30am to 2.30pm
- Haverhill: every Friday and Saturday 8am to 4pm
- Mildenhall: every Friday 9am to 3pm
- Newmarket: every Tuesday and Saturday 9am to 3pm
For more information visit our West Suffolk Markets website.
If you are looking for information about setting up a market stall, visit our market trading page.
For more information on the Christmas market visit: Bury St Edmunds Christmas Fayre