West Suffolk Council

On 1 April 2019 Forest Heath District Council and St Edmundsbury Borough Council were replaced by a single district council called West Suffolk Council. We will continue to deliver the same services while finding improved ways of supporting communities, businesses and the local economy. You may notice changes to the website, forms, letters and emails, due to the change.


Our roads are managed and maintained by Suffolk County Council. For more information or to make a complaint, visit: Suffolk County Council, how highways are maintained

For information about road closures for public events, visit: Suffolk County Council, apply to close a road for an event

For information about and to apply for road closures because of roadworks or diversions, visit: Suffolk County Council, apply for a temporary road closure


A gully is a large pot covered by a metal grid. Most gullies are maintained and routinely cleaned by Suffolk County Council. For more information or to report a blocked gulley see Suffolk County Council, highway drainage