Forest Heath Core Strategy
The Core Strategy was adopted by the former Forest Heath District Council on 12 May 2010 and now forms part of the overarching Local Plan for the former Forest Heath area. It sets out the vision, objectives, spatial strategy and key policies for the provision of new development in the area up to 2026 (with housing projections to 2031). The Core Strategy and supporting adoption documents are set out below:
- Core Strategy (May 2010) (please read alongside high court order 4 May 2011)
- Core Strategy Sustainability Appraisal
- Core Strategy Habitat Regulations Assessment (Screening)
- Core Strategy Adoption Statement and notice of advertisement
- Core Strategy Environmental Statement of Adoption
- Core Strategy Inspectors Report
Following a successful high court challenge, parts of CS7 were quashed. Consequential amendments were also made to policies CS1 and CS13.
The authority revisited those parts of the core strategy that had been quashed and undertook a 'single issue review' (SIR) which was adopted by West Suffolk Council on 19 September 2019. The document can be found on the Core Strategy Single Issue Review page.