Former Forest Heath area Local Plan
The former Forest Heath area Local Plan sets out the long term planning and land use policies within the former Forest Heath area of West Suffolk Council. The local plan includes documents previously referred to as the Local Development Framework (LDF). The local plan is made up of the following:
- Core Strategy: this was adopted on the 12 May 2010, it provides the overall vision for the former Forest Heath area up to 2026 (with housing projections up to 2031).
- Single Issue Review of Core Strategy Policy CS7 Overall Housing Provision and Distribution: this was adopted by West Suffolk Council on 19 September 2019.
- Site Allocations local Plan: this was adopted by West Suffolk Council on 19 September 2019.
- Joint Development Management Policies Document: this was adopted on 27 February 2015 by the former Forest Heath District Council and on 24 February by the former St Edmundsbury Borough Council. It contains policies that form an important tool for the day to day determination of planning applications in West Suffolk (formally St Edmundsbury Borough and Forest Heath District).
- Former Forest Heath area Local Plan Policies Map September 2019: showing the areas where different policies apply, the map will be revised as each Local Plan document is adopted. You can also view the policies map on the West Suffolk interactive map 'find my nearest'.
- Local Plan evidence documents - We collect evidence through case studies and also use data gathered by other bodies to inform our planning policy making processes. Evidence is continually gathered in key areas with some documents updated regularly and others only when required. The evidence documents are listed under the key areas that need to be considered in planning policy making. The documents listed under each area will help you understand how policies have been influenced and shaped
The Sustainable Community Strategy for our area is produced by the Suffolk Strategic Partnership. The council is required to take account of any spatial (land use) elements set out in the Sustainable Community Strategy for the are
All information relating to the former Forest Heath area Local Plan consultations and examination process can be found at the following:
- Former Forest Heath area Local Plan Examination 2017
- Single Issue Review (SIR) of Core Strategy Policy CS7 Overall Housing Provision and Distribution
- Site Allocations Local Plan (SALP)
- Background evidence documents related to SIR and SALP