Community governance review West Suffolk District 2021-22
West Suffolk Council is carrying out an interim Community Governance Review of parishes in the West Suffolk Council area during 2021 to 2022.
Information about Community Governance Reviews
The Terms of Reference for the Community Governance Review details the review timetable, matters which the review is covering and how representations can be made.
Consultation on revised draft recommendations
We are consulting on revised draft recommendations for the issues listed below.
- Revised Issue 1 – Bury St Edmunds (Out Westgate) town ward and Bury St Edmunds (Westgate) town ward
- Revised Issue 7 – Properties on Wickham Street between Wickhambrook and Denston
To provide your feedback on the draft recommendations please email email@example.com. The consultation on the draft recommendations closes on 26 August 2022 and the Council will then consider the comments received and draft final recommendations. The final recommendations will then be considered by West Suffolk Council at its meeting in September 2022.
When considering the draft recommendation please note that a Community Governance Review should result in parish arrangements which:
- reflect the identity and interest of the community in that area;
- are effective and convenient for the delivery of services;
- provide for a strong, inclusive community; and
- reflect a sense of place”
We have consulted on the draft recommendations for the issues listed below.
- Issue 2: Haverhill (Mount Road) town ward and Haverhill (Central) town ward
- Issue 3: Newmarket (Freshfields) town ward, Newmarket (Severals) town ward and Newmarket (All Saints) town ward
- Issue 4: Lark Grange housing development
- Issue 5: Properties on Dunstall Green Road between Ousden and Dalham
- Issue 6: Properties on Bardwell Road between Stanton and Barningham
- Issue 8: Withersfield Parish Council
- Issue 9: Properties on Chase Avenue between Worlington and Red Lodge
- Issue 10: Newmarket (Scaltback) town ward and Newmarket (Studland) town ward
The consultation on the draft recommendations listed above closed on 30 June 2022 and the council is in the process of considering the comments received, undertaking any follow up consultation where necessary, and drafting the final recommendations. The final recommendations will then be considered by West Suffolk Council at its meeting in September 2022.
For more information on the review or to arrange a telephone call or face to face appointment to discuss the review, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01284 757131.