We actively support and encourage our communities with a number of grant opportunities. The types of grant available are summarised below, to find out more and apply, follow the links provided.
Forest Heath District
Available to community groups for projects or activities that the whole local community can enjoy. For more details on this and restrictions, read: Forest Heath Locality budget Scheme
- To apply you will need to contact your local councillor, if you don't know who that is, see Forest Heath District Councillors
- For information about which community groups have received locality budget payments in Forest Heath, see our page Open data and transparency, locality budgets
St Edmundsbury Borough
Available to community groups for projects or activities that the whole local community can enjoy. For more details on this and restrictions, read: St Edmundsbury Locality budget scheme
- To apply you will need to contact your local councillor, if you don't know who that is, see St Edmundsbury Borough Councillors
- For information about which community groups have received locality budget payments in St Edmundsbury, see our page Open data and transparency, locality budgets
Community Chest grants
The Community Chest funding round for 2019/2020 is now open.
Community Chest funding supports voluntary and community groups who make a contribution to improving the quality of life for people in West Suffolk.
Funded activities must help deliver the Families and Communities Approach and Families and Communities Strategy and eligibility criteria apply. The minimum amount that can be applied for is £1,000. This funding can be for one off projects or revenue funds for services.
Please find guidance and application documents below. To discuss your application prior to submission please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 28 September 2018.
- Forest Heath District Council - Community Chest Guidance for Applicants 2019-20
- Forest Heath District Council - Community Chest application form 2019-20
- St Edmundsbury Borough Council - Community Chest Guidance for Applicants 2019-20
- St Edmundsbury Borough Council - Community Chest application form 2019-20
Community Chest Grant allocation
- West Suffolk Community Chest grant allocations 2017-18
- West Suffolk Community Chest grant allocations 2018-19
Rural Initiatives Grants Scheme (RIGS) available in St Edmundsbury Borough only
This is a one-off grant for local community projects. The grant ranges in value from £250 to £7,500.
Past grant allocations
Other funding sources
Home assistance grants
Funding is available from West Suffolk councils to assist families/residents to make safe, repair and improve their homes and we would like your help to engage with our communities.
We can assist in different ways, through Warmer Homes Healthy People or through the Home Assistance grant (HAG) to help home owners carry out repairs and improvements to their homes to ensure that they are warm, weathertight, safe and secure and have reasonably modern kitchen and bathroom facilities.
To find out more, or to see if one of our other grants could help, see our Housing grants page.
For a wide range of grants and other assistance with energy-saving initiatives for businesses and community venues see the Green Suffolk website
Funding 4 Suffolk
Funding 4 Suffolk is a brand new website which lets you browse available funding by organisation type. There are also hints and tips for completing successful funding applications as well as a section specifically for local funds. You can access Funding 4 Suffolk in the Members Area of Community Action Suffolk (CAS)