You will need a demolition permit in order to carry out a demolition. Before a permit is issued you will need to provide us with a 'notice of intended demolition' form. Along with this form you will need to supply site plans and details of the method of demolition.

When we have received the notice we will send a surveyor to inspect the site. A demolition permit (sometimes called a counter notice) may then be issued. We aim to issue permits within six weeks of receiving a notice of intended demolition. You can find full details and a notice of intended demolition form in our guidance notes on demolitions

If you decide to demolish a building you may not necessarily get planning permission to rebuild, even if the existing building is damaged due to fire or storms. For more information visit: Planning Portal, demolition