Neighbourhood Planning in Great Barton
Great Barton submission consultation - Wednesday 10 June (9am) to Wednesday 19 August (5pm) 2020
On 8 May 2020, we received the submission version of the Great Barton Neighbourhood Plan and accompanying documents. The council has assessed the plan in accordance with the relevant legislation and have approved receipt.
We are keen to hear the views of people who live, work and carry out business in the area. Responses should focus on whether the plan proposal is appropriate to be used for the Great Barton Neighbourhood Plan.
We have commenced a 10 week consultation following the submission by Great Barton Parish Council.
- Submission document
- Consultation statement
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Habitats Regulations Assessment Screening (HRA)
- Basic conditions statement
What can be commented on?
Comments are invited regarding whether the 'plan proposal' fulfils the 'basic conditions' (Paragraph 8, Schedule 4B Town and Country Planning Act (as amended)).
The 'basic conditions'
Representations received under Regulation 16 regarding the plan proposal will be forwarded to an independent examiner, who will assess the Great Barton Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents against 'basic conditions'. These require that the plan:
- has regard to national policy and guidance from the Secretary of State
- contributes to sustainable development
- is in general conformity with the strategic policy of the development plan for the area or any part of that area
- does not breach or is otherwise compatible with EU obligations - this includes the SEA Directive of 2001/42/EC
- the making of the Neighbourhood Plan is not likely to have significant effect on a European site (as defined in the Conservation of Habitats and Species regulations 2010 (d)), either alone or in combinations with other plans or projects.
How to comment on the proposed submission plan
You must submit your comments, in writing, by 5pm on Wednesday 19 August 2020. Comments cannot be accepted if anonymous. All information received is public information (subject to the General Data Protection Regulations).
- email to email@example.com
- post to Strategic Planning, West Suffolk Council, West Suffolk House, Western Way, Bury St Edmunds IP33 3YU
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic the methods we normally use to consult have been changed in accordance with the council's Statement of Community Involvement (May 2020). Due to social distancing restrictions we are unable to hold a public exhibition to the plan proposal, but if you have any queries about the plan or how to respond you can book a telephone call by using the contact details below.
Hard copies of the documents can be sent to those who are unable to easily view them online. Please call strategic planning on 01284 757368 to use this service.
What happens next?
We are working with Great Barton Parish Council to appoint an independent examiner who will make recommendations and their report will be published online in due course.
Once the council has received this report, and reviewed whether modifications are required, it can decide that the plan is ready for a referendum. (Further details can be found under the summary of the key stages in neighbourhood plan at steps 4-7.)
Great Barton neighbourhood plan - pre-submission consultation
As part of the requirements of the Localism Act 2011 and Regulation 14 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2015 (as amended), Great Barton Parish Council is undertaking a pre-submission consultation on the Great Barton draft Neighbourhood Plan from 18 January – 2 March 2020. You can view the document and comment on the Great Barton Neighbourhood Plan webpage.
Strategic Environmental Assessment and Habitats Regulations Assessment Screening Opinion: Great Barton Neighbourhood Plan
The SEA and HRA screening opinion for the Great Barton neighbourhood plan is now available to view. It has been prepared to inform consultation with statutory consultees Natural England, Historic England and the Environment Agency.
All enquiries relating to this consultation should be made to Great Barton Parish Council on 01284 787777.
Great Barton neighbourhood area designation
Due to change in the Great Barton Parish boundary following a community governance review, On 10 January 2019, Great Barton Parish Council submitted a new application to define the revised boundary of their Neighbourhood Plan. The regulations regarding neighbourhood area applications have changed and there is no longer a requirement for publicity if the application is for the whole parish area - as it is in this instance.
Under the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended), the council confirmed the designated area on 14 January 2019.
A designation statement to this effect, a copy of the application and supporting information and a map identifying the neighbourhood area can be viewed below (which supersedes the previous area designation approved in June 2016):
- Great Barton neighbourhood area designation statement
- Map of Great Barton neighbourhood area (Great Barton Parish boundary)
- Great Barton Area Application and supporting information
On 16 June 2016, the Portfolio Holder for Planning and Growth formally designated the Great Barton Neighbourhood Area.
The area designation statement, map and responses to the consultation can be found below:
- Great Barton neighbourhood area designation statement (superceded)
- Map of Great Barton neighbourhood area (Great Barton Parish boundary) (superceded)
- Responses to the neighbourhood area consultation
Neighbourhood Area consultation
Between 10 May and 8 June 2016, we undertook a consultation following an application by Great Barton Parish Council to identify the area they felt should be covered by a future neighbourhood plan.
As part of the application process, Great Barton Parish Council has produced a map of the proposed neighbourhood area and a supporting statement reasoning why they have chosen the area to be covered. These documents can be viewed below: