Neighbourhood Planning in Hargrave
Hargrave Neighbourhood Plan
We formally 'made' (adopted) the Hargrave Neighbourhood Plan on 17 July 2018.
The Hargrave Neighbourhood Plan 2017-2031 is a statutory development plan document for the council (West Suffolk Council after April 2019). The plan is a material consideration within the parish of Hargrave for planning application purposes.
- Hargrave Neighbourhood Plan 2017-2031 - made July 2018
- The final Decision Statement (incorporating Hargrave Neighbourhood Area)
- Character Appraisal
Hargrave Neighbourhood Plan referendum
A referendum was held on 12 July 2018 in the parish of Hargrave, for local residents. The question asked at the referendum was:
'Do you wish St Edmundsbury Borough Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Hargrave to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?'
Residents voted in favour of the 12 July Hargrave referendum question, and a decision on whether to 'make' (adopt) the plan part of the councils development plan will be taken at the council meeting on 17 July 2018 (7pm). A decision statement will be available after this date.
Post examination of the Hargrave Neighbourhood Plan
Hargrave Parish Council amended the submission version of the plan in line with the Examiner's report of 8 May (as below).
On 24 May 2018 we issued a decision statement on the amended Hargrave Neighbourhood Plan (referendum version). This confirmed that the plan is ready for referendum.
- Decision statement (Regulation 18 stage)
- Legislative compliance check (Regulation 18 stage)
- Summary of consultation responses (Regulation 16 stage)
Hargrave Neighbourhood Plan examination
We received the Examiner's report on 8 May 2018. The council will shortly issue a decision statement.
The Independent Examiner has confirmed that the examination into the Hargrave Neighbourhood Plan formally started on Tuesday 10 April 2018 - examination has now ended.
Under paragraph 7 of Schedule 4B to the 1990 Act (as applied by section 38A of the 2004 Act), the council have appointed Ann Skippers MRTPI to carry out the examination of the Hargrave Neighbourhood plan proposal.
The Submission of the plan proposal to examination (Regulation 17) of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 will take place after the consultation on the plan proposal has finished. Further information will be shown here as soon as they are available.
Hargrave Neighbourhood Plan Submission consultation - consultation now closed (view responses here)
(Tuesday 6 February (9am) to Tuesday 20 March (5pm) 2018)
On the 16 January 2018, we received the submission version of Hargrave Neighbourhood Plan and accompanying documents. The council has assessed the plan in accordance with the relevant legislation and have approved receipt.
We are keen to hear the views of people who live, work and carry out business in the area. Responses should focus on whether the plan proposal is appropriate to be used for the Hargrave Neighbourhood Plan.
We have commenced a six week consultation following the submission by Hargrave Parish Council. The following documents are available for comment.
- Submission document
- Consultation statement
- Strategic Environmental Assessment and Habitats Regulations Assessment Screening
- Character appraisal
- Basic conditions statement
What can be commented on?
Comments are invited regarding whether the ‘plan proposal’ fulfils the “basic conditions” (Paragraph 8, Schedule 4B Town and Country Planning Act (as amended)).
The 'basic conditions'
Representations received under Regulation 16 regarding the plan proposal will be forwarded to an independent examiner, who will assess the Hargrave Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents against 'basic conditions.' These require that the plan:
- has regard to national policy and guidance from the Secretary of State
- contributes to sustainable developments in general conformity with the strategic policy of the development plan for the area or any part of that area
- does not breach or is otherwise compatible with EU obligations – this includes the SEA Directive of 2001/42/EC, and
- the making of the Neighbourhood Plan is not likely to have a significant effect on a European site (as defined in the Conservation of Habitats and Species regulations 2010(d), either alone or in combination with other plans or projects.
How to comment on the proposed submission plan
You must submit your comments by 5pm on Tuesday 20 March 2018:
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post to Neighbourhood Planning, West Suffolk Council, West Suffolk House, Western Way, Bury St Edmunds IP33 3YU
Hard copies of the document can be viewed at:
- West Suffolk Council, West Suffolk House, Western Way, Bury St Edmunds IP33 3YU
- Cocks Head House, Wickhambrook Road, Hargrave, IP29 5JB (Parish Clerk Mrs Antonia King, please contact on 01284 850161 or email@example.com to view the documents at this location)
What happens next?
We are working with Hargrave Parish Council to appoint an independent examiner who will make recommendations and their report will be published online in due course.
Once the council has received this report, and reviewed whether modifications are required, it can decide that the plan is ready for a referendum.
(Further details can be found under the summary of the key stages in neighbourhood plan at Steps 4-7)
Hargrave Neighbourhood Plan Strategic Environmental Assessment and Habitats Regulations Assessment Screening Opinion
The SEA and HRA screening opinion is now available to view.
Hargrave Neighbourhood Plan - Pre-submission version
As part of the requirements of the Localism Act 2011 and Regulation 14 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2015 (as amended), Hargrave Parish Council has undertaken a Pre-Submission Consultation on the Hargrave Draft Neighbourhood Plan.
Hargrave Neighbourhood Area designation
On 18 November 2015 the Portfolio Holder for Planning and Growth formally designated the Hargrave Neighbourhood Area.
The area designation statement, map and responses to the consultation can be found below:
- Hargrave neighbourhood area designation statement
- Map of Hargrave neighbourhood area (Hargrave Parish boundary)
- Responses to the neighbourhood area consultation (and Environment Agency attachment)
Hargrave Neighbourhood Area consultation
Between 8 October and 5 November 2015, we undertook a consultation following an application by Hargrave Parish Council to identify the area they felt should be covered by a future neighbourhood plan.
As part of the application process, Hargrave Parish Council has produced a map of the proposed neighbourhood area and a supporting statement reasoning why they have chosen the area to be covered. These documents can be viewed below:
Visit Hargrave Parish Council's website for a timeline of the Hargrave Neighbourhood Plan.