When are my bins emptied?
Your bins are emptied on alternate weeks. When there is a public holiday, the collection days will be revised. To see when your bins are emptied, use our check when my bins are emptied service and enter your postcode into the Search for a location box and select your address. Your bin collection information will be displayed.
Easter 2023 bin collection day changes
Your bin collection days are changing over Easter. see the table below or use our check when my bins are emptied service.
|Usual collection||Revised collection||Change|
|Friday 7 April||Tuesday 11 April||4 days late|
|Saturday 8 April||No collections|
|Sunday 9 April||No collections|
|Monday 10 April||Wednesday 12 April||2 days late|
|Tuesday 11 April||Thursday 13 April||2 days late|
|Wednesday 12 April||Friday 14 April||2 days late|
|Thursday 13 April||Saturday 15 April||2 days late|
|Friday 14 April||Monday 17 April||3 days late|
|Monday 17 April||Tuesday 18 April||1 day late|
|Tuesday 18 April||Wednesday 19 April||1 day late|
|Wednesday 19 April||Thursday 20 April||1 day late|
|Thursday 20 April||Friday 21 April||1 day late|
|Friday 21 April||Saturday 22 April||1 day late|
Things to remember
We always try to collect your bin at a similar time each week but now and again we may have to change our rounds. You can help us by making sure that:
- you put the right items in the right bin
- your bin is put out by 6.15am the morning of your collection day
- your bin is placed next to the kerb with the lid shut
- bin lids closed - all wheeled bin lids should be closed when the bins are presented for collection – this is to reduce the incidence of spillages, avoid damaging the lifting machinery and also to reduce the potential for injury to collection operatives. If wheeled bins are presented with open lids or partially open/ajar, they may not be collected
- any recycling that will not fit in your blue bin is put in council issued blue sacks; we will collect a maximum of two.
Occasionally, the bin collections can be affected by weather.
For tips to try and avoid frozen bins, and other information, please read Waste collections in colder weather, or for advice on how to cope in warmer weather, please read Keep your wheelie bin fresh this summer