When are my bins emptied?
Your bins are emptied on alternate weeks. When there is a public holiday, the collection days will be revised. To see when your bins are emptied, use our Find my nearest service and enter your postcode into the Search for a location box and select your address. Your bin collection information will be displayed.
Things to remember
We always try to collect your bin at a similar time each week but now and again we may have to change our rounds. You can help us by making sure that:
- you put the right items in the right bin
- your bin is put out by 6.15am the morning of your collection day
- your bin is placed next to the kerb with the lid shut
- bin lids closed - all wheeled bin lids should be closed when the bins are presented for collection – this is to reduce the incidence of spillages, avoid damaging the lifting machinery and also to reduce the potential for injury to collection operatives. If wheeled bins are presented with open lids or partially open/ajar, they may not be collected
- any recycling that will not fit in your blue bin is put in council issued blue sacks; we will collect a maximum of two.
Occasionally, the bin collections can be affected by weather.
For tips to try and avoid frozen bins, and other information, please read Waste collections in colder weather, or for advice on how to cope in warmer weather, please read Keep your wheelie bin fresh this summer